Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why I Am Moving Part 1: Squatter's Rights

About four months ago, I moved into a house in Uptown. Or, more accurately, I moved into the master bedroom of a house in Uptown. (Oddly, not this did not make me master of the house. Somehow.) This seemed like a great opportunity for me: the rent was cheaper than most things I was able to find on Craigslist, the house seemed (and pretty much is) clean. Plus, if it didn't work out, I was only signing a lease for four months.

Actually, that's what I thought. I will be moving out this weekend, after four months of living in this house, without actually having been given a lease to sign.

That's right: for the past four months I have been squatting. There is a reason I am moving out of this house.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I once squatted for four months too! Right after freshman year. Not only did I never get a lease to sign, but my roommates were potheads.

    ReplyDelete