Friday, January 23, 2009

8 Boxes

Recently, I moved to a house in Uptown, just half a block out of the four-square block area called LynLake. I am two blocks from Pizza Lucé, half a block from an amazing-looking coffee shop (such charm can be seen from outside!), maybe four blocks from the VFW/Herkimer/everything else at the intersection of Lyndale and Lake, and a few more blocks away from Calhoun Square. Not to mention all my friends who live within four or five blocks.

Yeah, it's all great. But the moving process has revealed a truth about me: I love books and movies. (Music too, but you'll see why that was not physically demonstrated in the move.) When I packed up my books and DVDs, they took up eight boxes. And not small boxes. Look:

boxes

Sure, some boxes are smaller than others, but that's an ass-ton of boxes. And books are heavy.

I am excited to unpack these boxes and organize my books and DVDs. I may let you know how it goes.

I find this all very interesting. You may not. But I don't care, because this is my internet.

6 comments:

  1. My friends and family have sworn they will never help me move again after carrying 22 boxes of books up to my third-floor apartment the last go-round. That's the trick — get *other* people to carry the boxes.

    I know I probably don't NEED all these books, but I keep buying more. It's a sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Tim and i made the mistake of packing our books into really big boxes. Really big boxes of books equals really fucking heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grats on the new digs hombre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kaeti yeah, you win. 20 boxes is more than 8 boxes.

    @Le I have one. But I was also reading books before summer of 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took all my pre-Kindle books to Half-Price Books before I moved and walked away with $200. Pretty sweet deal, considering I was probably never going to read them again (and I kept the really good or important ones).

    Ditch 'em, man. You have nothing to gain by dragging books all over the country every time you move.

    ReplyDelete