Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Quest for a Carryall

In my search for a suitable bag to carry my things, I have come across what is, apparently, a common dilemma for women: how big and how many pockets.

The problem is in the context of the LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag (Best Seller!). This bag is badass.





This bag is so badass, in fact, that this manly man made a three minute video describing it. It is at worst a hilarious juxtaposition of manliness and what is wrongly considered "femininity" due to the fact that he concerns himself with a bag and its color and pockets, and at best an informative tour of a useful bag:




I want this bag. I want this bag so hard.

But the problem I find is that I already have a bag of this depth and length, but it adds extra width and a lot of extra pockets. It will be useful, but in what scenario? Will it really help me achieve my goal of wanting something smaller than a messenger bag or a computer bag?

Ladies and Enlightened Gentlemen, help me out here. Is it wrong to

A) Have a true carryall
B) Have more than one bag

3 comments:

  1. Get the bag. Don't think about it — get the bag. It's awesome. Well worth $20.

    The TBO is pretty small and is easy to carry anywhere. If you're not carrying a laptop, this holds a lot of stuff. It can get heavy pretty quick, but it comes with a shoulder strap if you need it. Makes a smart looking bag and would not be confused with a purse (or murse). My girlfriend pokes fun sometimes, but the bag is too handy to care about the ribbing. I have one and a Chrome Citizen. I sometimes swap them when I'm lugging my laptop and other stuff, but my MacBook Pro can snugly fit in the TBO in a pinch.

    The pockets are super useful, especially the side ones. Sigg sits perfect in there. Moleskin fits perfect in the top side. My GameBoy (yeah, dorky, I know) fits perfect in the ammo pocket. But I also have stuff like hand sanitizer, gum, mints, extra pens, car keys (hate them in my pockets), iPod, batteries, and a book in there. It makes a great carry-on — the secret gun pouch is a great spot for a passport and extra cash.

    Seriously, dude. Get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm easy. I just ordered this bag. My initial thought was to use it for my work bag, but I might keep it for more pedestrian purposes. We'll see, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you can subscribe for fun gun reviews!

    Anyway, it seems manly. I say, go with green or black if you order one.

    ReplyDelete