Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Should I Spend My Stimulus?

When I filed my taxes (actually, when I had my mom do it, because I'm a child), I discovered (my mother informed me) I am receiving $300 in stimulus money for some reason. I am a patriotic American, so I intend to use this money to its exact purpose: to stimulate the economy. Which means I'm going to buy some stuff.

But I'm no fool. I think before I spend. I present to you three options I am considering for my $300.

The Nerd Collection

Register www.punsultancy.com $10

Fill out my Led Zeppelin collection (all their albums except Houses of the Holy) $75

Battlestar Galactica seasons 1, 2, and 2.5 (I own three and four already, which give it a slightly more nerdy edge) $70 (on Amazon)

LOST seasons two, three, and four $125 (on Amazon)

Dark Knight $20

OR

The Comedy Collection

All My Stuff (George Carlin DVD box set of TV specials) or Seinfeld -- the complete series $180

Let's Get Small and A Wild and Crazy Guy (Steve Martin comedy albums) $15

Venture Brothers Season 3 (but only after March 24) $20

Andy Richter Controls the Universe -- the complete series (but only after March 24) $30

Saturday Night Live season one -- $50

OR

The Responsible Adult Collection

Membership to the Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association $195

Microsponsorship of MinnPost $25

New business cards $20

Socks and underwear $40

Backorder www.artallen.com on Godaddy $20

And there you go. $300 smartly spent.


So what do you think? Which would you spend your $300 on?

7 comments:

  1. I say a combo of Nerd and Responsible Adult Collection. At least register punsultancy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think Nerd. Mostly because I love LOST and fully support the purchase of Lost dvds as a proud owner of all 4 myself. I also love Dark Knight and Zepplin. Plus punsultancy would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate you blogger for using ridiculously old blogger account profile. Ugh It's updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hookers and blow. And libertarian literature for all who are willing to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spend it on the responsible adult stuff... so you won't have to worry about it later.

    If you're thinking about it from an economic stimulus point of view, a much higher percentage of the money spent on responsible stuff would stay in the local Minnesota economy, rather than to other states.

    Plus, it's easier to "irresponsibly" spend money later on fun stuff, rather than on responsible stuff. You'll end up with Carlin and The Dark Knight soon!

    (Yes, I realize I'm Capt Lame-O.) :)

    ReplyDelete