Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Banner!

If you read my blog from the actual site http://heylookitsart.wordpress.com, you have noticed I have a new banner. It is no longer the standard blue this-and-that that comes with a free Word Press account. I cropped the image all by myself and even added text! I have done this all for free.

To crop the image, I used a combination of the Mac programs Preview and iPhoto. I then discovered that Word Press has a cropping tool built into its back end and realized I wasted an hour trying to figure out how to crop to a specific size using those free tools.

I got the text on there by using my favorite find of the day: Picnik. I'm probably pretty late to the party on this one, but this is a free, web-based basic photo editor that lets you actually add text and stuff to your photos, as well as resize, crop, mess with colors, etc. It's pretty easy to use.

Also, you'll notice new punctuation on my blog name. It's no longer a statement of excitement. Now it's supposed to read like an embarassed explination.

The image I used is from when I ate 12 chicken strips at Applebee's one day. That's what I looked like right at the end. Unable to hold my head up. I'm only moderately satsified with this image, so I'll probably find a better one and throw that up there some time. But for now: Full of Chicken Strips.

1 comment:

  1. Haahaa! Is that from their "all you can eat strips" special that ran a few months ago? I had a very similar look on my face... just no photo to prove it.

    ReplyDelete