Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Love Adulthood

Let me just say: I love being a grown up. But, more specifically, I love being a grown up of age 24 with the metabolism that comes with this. Allow me to explain.

This morning I was in the co-op below the office where I work looking at food for breakfast. Normally I either get a yogurt parfait, six deviled eggs (which are expensive but DELICIOUS), or 4-5 stringles.

But not today. I felt like a change. I had a sweet tooth. And in the refrigerator case, between the deviled eggs and the stringles, were all the desserts. More specifically, right there, almost taunting me, was a whole stack of CHOCOLATE CRUMBLE CHEESECAKE. "See you at lunch, sucker. You can't eat me now; it's breakfast time," it seemed to be saying to me.

I stood and stared at the refrigerator case for three full minutes, conflicted. And then, under my breath I retorted, "Shows what you know."

2 comments:

  1. Good choice. Eat as much cheesecake as you can while your metabolism still likes you, that's my thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how you have to argue with yourself about it at all?

    ReplyDelete