Monday, April 20, 2009

Music for Warm Weather

I really enjoy the differences between seasons. And I don't just mean the temperatures, I mean things like the clothing, the food, the activities, and I really really enjoy the different music.

I don't mean Christmas music versus not Christmas music. I mean music you only listen to in the fall. Or music that really puts you in a summer mood.

I am getting really excited for my summer music.

On Art's Summer Playlist:

Upbeat songs by Beck
311's blue album and Grassroots
Dookie by Greenday
The good songs from the A Mighty Wind soundtrack (mostly anything by the Folksmen or the New Main Street Singers)
Lots and lots of The Offspring
My dozen or so favorite Cake songs
Who's Johnny by El DeBarge
Boys in the Hood by Dynamite Hack
Old Shit/New Shit by Eels
Sugar by System of a Down
Summer Time by Mungo Jerry
The Devil's Song by Marcy Playground
Bullet by Bob Schneider


And so on. These are my summer tunes, just itching to get out and play.

But for now, I am ringing in spring, as I do every year, with a little Tom Lehrer:

3 comments:

  1. Sunshine - Atmosphere
    Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

    not to get all rap on you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also don't forget that magical summer when we basically played nonstop Hot Hot Heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, especially The Offspring, for some reason they always make me think it's summer, even when it's -20 outsid.e

    ReplyDelete